It’s that time of year again!! Despite the ongoing challenges that 2020 has brought, it’s time to gear up for the holidays! Are you ready? Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. There’s so much to do to prepare for all the excitement ahead! During the upcoming festivities with friends and family, don’t forget to take a moment to be thankful for all that you have.
While this is a frenzied time of year, aren’t you thankful to have the means to enjoy it? You have your health, your home, your friends, and most importantly, your family. Even with the uncertainty that currently surrounds us, Thanksgiving provides us the opportunity to reflect upon that for which we are thankful. Here are some things you may be thankful for this year:
- Health– Having good health must never be taken for granted. With all the illness in the world, be thankful that you wake up each morning with the chance to make today better than yesterday.
- Home– No matter what your living situation, appreciate that you have a place to call home this holiday season.
- Friends– True friends are difficult to find. If you find one, cherish them and nurture that relationship so it may continue to grow.
- Faith– We are so fortunate to live in a country where we can follow our beliefs. We can worship as we please without fear of retaliation. We can speak our minds. We can follow our hearts.
- Food– Turkey, dressing, yams….what’s on your Thanksgiving dinner list? Whatever it may be, be thankful and enjoy every bite!!!
- Family– This is probably what you are most thankful for. Love your family. Eat, drink, watch football and that notorious Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, even though it’s going to be a bit different this year. Cherish those special memories you make with loved ones this Thanksgiving.
These are just a few of the things we have to be thankful for in this great country in which we live. Be grateful for all that you and your loved ones have. The holiday season is such an exciting time of year! Take time out to enjoy it and give thanks for those with whom you have to celebrate it.
A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.