Delicious fresh fruit makes the perfect dessert for backyard barbecues, pool parties or on any occasion. There will be no leftovers when you bring this delectably sweet and juicy fruit salad to your next summer event!
Prep Time: 30 min. | Yield: 10 servings | Calories: 155
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups cubed fresh papaya
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cantaloupe melon balls
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 empty watermelon shell
- Bring orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest and lemon zest to a gentle boil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- Cut ¾ inch slice off bottom of watermelon shell so it remains steady on any flat surface.
- Gently arrange mixed fruit inside empty half of watermelon shell. Drizzle cooled sauce evenly over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves just before serving if desired.