Cooler temperatures are made for this hot and delicious pumpkin soup that is hearty and healthy! This low carb recipe is a Fall favorite with its smooth and creamy texture and seasonal flavors. This soup is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 1 hour |Servings: 8 |Calories: 206
- 2 whole pie pumpkins
- 1 quart of chicken stock (can substitute w/vegetable stock)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (can omit to save calories)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (can substitute w/honey)
- dash of nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 8 small pumpkins, hollowed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place both pie pumpkins on cookie sheet and roast them until slightly shriveled and soft. Allow them to cool slightly, then slice in half and carefully scoop out seeds and pulp. Scoop flesh into bowl. Set aside.
- In large pot, heat up pumpkin flesh with stock and maple syrup until simmering. Mash out big chunks of pumpkin, then transfer mixture into blender or food processor and puree until velvety smooth. Add cream and nutmeg, then blend again.
- Reheat if necessary. Ladle hot soup into small hollowed-out pumpkins. Drizzle swirl of cream in middle. Serve immediately.