Lentil pasta is a fantastic food item to add to your cupboard because it’s high in protein, high in iron, high in fiber, full of essential vitamins, a good source of energy, gluten-free and cholesterol free. The lentils of the pasta highly complement the other ingredients and come together well to form a dairy-free, creamy and super flavorful sauce. This recipe is the perfect meal to whip together quickly after a long day.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 12 ounces organic red lentil pasta
- 4 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/2 one small-medium size onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 10 leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except basil, salt and pepper. Stir together. Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, still covered, for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and basil leaves. Stir to combine for one minute. Serve hot and enjoy.