This is a refreshing and easy salad to make during the summer, or anytime!
It’s surprisingly easy to prepare delicious, healthy salads at home! Try this nutritious salad recipe; it will tantalize your taste buds while filling your body with wholesome goodness!
PREP TIME: 12 MINS – TOTAL TIME:12 MINS – SERVES: 2 TO 4
- 1½ cups of chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber – peeled and seeded then diced
- 1 avocado – diced
- 4 oz feta cheese – cubed
- 2 tbs minced red onion
- 1 handful parsley – minced – about 2 tbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 8 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (toasted, white or black seeds)
- Chop tomatoes into a medium dice. If using cherry tomatoes, cut them in half. Add to a bowl.
- Peel and seed one cucumber and dice. Add to bowl.
- Remove pit, dice avocado and using a spoon scoop out the avocado from the peel. Add to bowl.
- Cube feta and add to bowl.
- Add minced red onion and minced parsley to bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and black pepper – pour over salad.
- Toss gently so the feta and avocado don’t break up. Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately. (If refrigerating, keep the avocado aside and add it just before serving.)