July means enjoying delicious and healthy grilled foods! This great tasting grilled salmon has a mellow, sweet flavor thanks to a bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce and orange juice marinade. Try this mouth-watering grilled salmon recipe at your next cookout and watch it disappear!
Prep Time: 25 min. | Yield: 4 servings | Calories: 365
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag and add salmon to the bag. Seal and marinate it in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Prepare the grill. Coat lightly and evenly with cooking spray.
- Remove salmon from the zip-top plastic bag and save the marinade. Place salmon on the grill. Grill it for 6 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the extra marinade until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Cook remaining marinade down into a semi-thick sauce and drizzle over grilled salmon just before serving.
- Grilled salmon can be served on skewers with fresh vegetables on a bed of romaine lettuce if desired.