- 1 large red or purple onion, peeled, trimmed, sliced into 6 slices
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored, sliced into 3 pieces
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, cored, sliced into 3 pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved, sliced lengthwise, to make 6 pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, halved, sliced lengthwise, to make 6 pieces
- 1 medium-large eggplant, trimmed, sliced into 6 pieces
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps, stemmed, gills removed
- 1/2-cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each: dried thyme, dill, and parsley
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, Portobello mushrooms.
- In a glass cup combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, dill and parsley. Pour the marinade over the vegetables. Season with sea salt and ground pepper, to taste. Gently toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate for one hour.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the veggies in a grill basket (or spread out the veggies on a large sheet of foil). Place on the hot grill, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender crisp, about 20-25 minutes, depending upon the size of your grill.
- Remove the veggie basket/foil with vegetables to a large platter and set aside.
- To serve, create a vegetable stack. Place the Portobello mushroom cap on a serving plate and layer it with a spoonful of lemon hummus. Add the eggplant, peppers, zucchini and onion. Top with a dab of more hummus, if desired. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Repeat for the remaining five servings.
(Recipe found on http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/)