There’s nothing better than curling up with a comforting bowl of delicious hot soup on a cold winter’s day! With the indulgence of holiday fare nearly behind us, it’s now time to cleanse our bodies with proper immune-boosting nourishment. This healthy and nutritious soup recipe contains detoxifying natural remedies such as fresh lemon juice and ginger along with vitamin-enriched vegetables that will cleanse, nourish and detoxify your body from the inside out!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, (powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash of sea salt & black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- 2 cups kale, destemmed & torn
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- juice from 1/2 small lemon
- In large pot, add water and turn heat on medium-high. After it’s hot, add onion & garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add celery, carrotts, broccoli, tomatoes and fresh ginger. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding extra water or broth as needed (another 1/4 cup).
- Stir in powdered turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Add a dash of salt & pepper.
- Add in water (or vegetable broth) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add in kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.