- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 scallions, washed and cut in 1/2
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 pounds inside skirt steak, cut into 3 equal pieces
- Special equipment: blow dryer
- Heat charcoal until grey ash appears.
- In a blender, mix oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
- Place pieces of steak in a large Ziploc bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a blow dryer, blow charcoal clean of ash.
- Place steaks directly onto hot coals for 1 minute per side. When finished cooking, place meat in aluminum foil, wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices.
- Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Return to foil pouch and toss with juice.
Serve with your favorite red wine and side salad for an enchanting, romantic meal!