We have waited all winter for the natural warmth of the sun!
We love the sun, but too much sun exposure can significantly damage your skin. The ultraviolet rays (UV) radiation can cause burning and long-term changes in the skin’s structure. You can help to prevent sun-damaged skin by taking a few extra steps:
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above
- Use sunblock on your lips with an SPF of 30 or more.
- Limit your time outdoors when the sun is at its peak.
- Be aware that some medicines can increase your skin’s risk of UV damage. These include certain antibiotics as well as some prescription medicines that are used to treat specific conditions. Also, certain nonprescription skin care products containing alpha-hydroxy acids can make your skin more vulnerable to damage from sunlight.
- Talk to your healthcare provider and consult with your medical spa esthetician for additional information about ways to protect your skin.