A light, healthy dish to spice things up this winter!
- 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat couscous
- 1 large orange
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 4 small tilapia fillets (about 1½ lb)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 piece(s) fresh ginger, very thinly sliced
- 1 pint(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook the couscous according to package directions.
- Cut away the peel of the orange. Cut the orange into segments, adding them to a bowl along with any juices.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season the tilapia with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add the oranges and any juices. Gently toss to heat through. Serve with the tilapia and couscous and sprinkle with the scallions.
For an extra added zing…
Try the orange and tomato mixture with sautéed shrimp, seared chicken, or broiled steak.