Warm right up with this super-easy and delicious soup!
- 4 cup(s) fat-free vegetable broth
- 12 oz. uncooked butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch cubes*
- 1/2 large uncooked vidalia onion(s), cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 small fresh apple(s), peeled and cut into to 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
- In a large stock pot, combine broth, squash, onion and apple;
- cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Uncover pot and reduce heat to low;
- gently simmer until squash is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in a regular blender in batches, careful not to splatter hot liquid).
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg; serve.
Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
* Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers