After indulging in all the delicious high calorie dishes and sugary treats this holiday season, it’s time to detoxify your body from the inside out with this healthy, hot and savory Chicken Detox Soup!
Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 45 min. | Servings: 4
- 2 skin-on bone-in chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks of scallions, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 dried Thai chili
- Kosher salt
- Add chicken, ginger, shallot, bay leaf, black peppercorns, Thai chili and 1 teaspoon salt to large Dutch oven or soup pot. Add 6 cups cold water and place over medium heat.
- Bring soup to a simmer and skim off any residue that may come to the top. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Turn off heat and allow soup to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from soup and shred the meat, discarding bones and skin. Strain the stock, discard solids and return liquid to pot.
- Add shredded chicken back into the stock along with lemon slices and scallions and bring soup to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat. Serve immediately and enjoy!