Sweet potato makes a tasty base for this delicious, healthy appetizer or side dish!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Hot sauce
- Monterrey jack and cheddar shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 3 green onions
- Sour cream
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ¼-inch slices.
- Place in bowl with seasonings and olive oil and mix.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, taking care that the rounds do not overlap.
- Bake 10 minutes on one side, then flip and bake 10 minutes on the other side.
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- Once potatoes are cooked, top each round with a dot of hot sauce and then shredded cheese (wait a few minutes for cheese to melt).
- Add a dollop of sour cream on each round, and garnish with sliced green onions.
Recipe courtesy of acouplecooks.com