It’s September and that can only mean one thing: Apple Crisp! Need we say more?
- 5 large Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 degree C).
- In a medium size bowl, toss apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon juice and water; spread evenly into a 8×8 inch pan. In another bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; spoon mixture evenly over apples.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels with the evaporated milk. Heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has a smooth consistency. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the crumble.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes (apple mixture will bubble and topping will be golden brown).
* Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com