Detox Soup is warming and cleansing. It will make you feel good from the inside out!
- 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (powdered ok)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- Fine-grain sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups water (or 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water)
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 or whole of a small lemon
- In a large pot, add the water and turn on the heat to medium-high. After it’s hot, add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and fresh ginger.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding in extra water or broth as needed (another 1/4 cup).
- Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
* Recipe courtesy of theglowingfridge.com.