Looking for a stress-free, healthy, fresh, and easy-to-make Easter recipe? This salad from Chosen Foods is a great appetizer before your Easter dinner. Figs are beautiful, delicious, juicy, high in fiber, and packed with minerals like magnesium and calcium.
- 1 pound green beans, tougher ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 tiger stripe figs halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or hazelnuts toasted
- sprinkle with goat cheese
- Prepare an ice bath with a bowl of ice and cold water and set aside.
- Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil over high-heat and cook the beans until they are bright green and have become slightly tender but still retain their crunch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the ice bath and shock until cold. Once cool, lay over a paper towel and pat to dry.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt in a small bowl until combined.
- Arrange the green beans and figs on a serving platter and drizzle over the dressing. Sprinkle the goat cheese, along with the sliced almonds or hazelnuts, over top, and enjoy immediately.