The arrival of Spring means cooking lighter and healthier foods. This mouthwatering egg roll recipe uses chicken, crispy vegetables and delicious sauces that are wrapped in a light, flaky spring roll. You’ll love the crunchy flavorful goodness that’s in each and every bite!
Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. | Servings: 10
- 1 qt. oil (for deep frying)
- 2 (10 oz.) cans chunk chicken (drained & flaked)
- 1 small onion (grated)
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) package spring roll wrappers
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F in deep fryer, wok or large heavy saucepan.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, onion, cabbage, carrot, hot pepper sauce, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place 1 tbs. of chicken mixture in center of spring roll wrapper. Moisten fingers with water and wet edge of wrapper. Roll around filling. Press seam to seal.
- In small batches, deep fry spring egg rolls 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.