Spice up your dinner with healthy stuffed peppers that are baked to perfection!
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese (3 oz.)
- Remove top of bell pepper. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse peppers. In 4-quart pot, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling. Add peppers. Cook 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Drain.
- In skillet, cook ground turkey and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain. Stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Cook until hot.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff peppers with ground turkey mix. Stand peppers up in ungreased 8-inch square glass baking dish. Drizzle remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serve and enjoy!!