I don’t know about you, but when the weather begins to get warmer my appetite for those wintery comfort foods sort of goes away. What a perfect time for a refreshing Spinach-Strawberry Salad with Honey-Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing – and a nicely chilled bottle of wine!
This is my unofficial start to summer. What could be better than sweet strawberries, toasted pecans, tangy feta, and a lovely honey-balsamic poppy seed dressing?
You can consider this recipe more of an adjustable, go-with-your-own preference on fruits and vegetables rather than a strict and rigid recipe.
- Strawberries. Buy the juiciest, ripest fruit you can find . To change it up you can add blueberries, raspberries, dried cranberries – you choose.
- Toasted Pecans – the necessary crunchy element.
- Feta – the key to a truly satisfying salad.
- Red Onion – gives this healthy strawberry spinach salad a friendly bite.
- Balsamic and strawberries are fabulous together. The acidity of the dressing adds a nice balance.
- Roasted Chicken – can be added if you like.
- Vegetables – any vegetables that are fresh and in season can be added, again you choose.
Oh, and the Wine – Pinot noir is a good choice!